Please read before you book
Change over days are Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Minimum booking 2 nights.
From 3.00pm on your arrival date. We will send instructions on how you can access your accommodation by email closer to the date of your stay.
By 10.00am on your departure date. Late departures may require you to pay additional charges as provided in our terms and conditions. After your departure we will check the condition of your tent or hut. We will refund your security deposit, minus any necessary costs, within 7 days of your departure.
Some Dos and Don’ts
We wish all our guests to have an enjoyable and relaxing stay, so we expect you and your party to be considerate and act responsibly.
- This is a quiet rural site. Please do not act in a noisy, rowdy or intrusive manner.
- We do not accept stag, hen or similar parties.
- No music outside your hut or tent after 9.30pm or loudly at any time.
- No additional tents, washing lines or other structure or paraphernalia are allowed.
- Do not light fires or BBQs apart from in the wood-burner or firepit/BBQ provided. Do not move the firepit.
- Fireworks and Chinese lanterns are not permitted.
- No smoking inside the tents or shepherds hut
Please park your vehicle in our glamping car park – do not drive any further into our site.
We accept up to 2 dogs in our shepherds hut Saltmarsh and safari tent Rowan (supplement payable).
Please keep dogs under control at all times, and while walking our site, keep them on a lead to protect wildlife and local farm animals. Our site is not fenced.
You may have up to 6 persons visiting you during the day. Your visitors must leave by 10.00pm on the day that they arrive.
Our safari tents are wheelchair accessible. The shepherds hut is not wheelchair accessible.
- The fields in which our tents and huts are placed are generally flat and level grass.
- Safari tent floors are about 30cm above the ground, so wheelchair access can be facilitated by a ramp. Please select the free ramp option when booking.
- Safari tents floors are flat throughout. The entrance to the shower/toilet room is 85cm wide, that to the bedrooms 65cm and the corridor leading to them 75cm.
Paying for your booking
Booking more than 6 weeks before arrival:
40% non-refundable deposit to confirm booking. Balance of the charges payable 6 weeks before arrival.
Booking less than 6 weeks before arrival:
Full balance payable at time of booking.
We will request pre-authorisation of a card payment of up to £200 the day before your stay as a security deposit against possible damage caused during your stay. Final joining instructions will be sent to you by email once the pre-authorisation has been received.
When we receive your booking we will send you an e-mail confirming your booking details. Please check the e-mail as soon as you receive it and contact us if something is not correct.
If you need to cancel your booking more than 6 weeks before your arrival date we will retain your 40% deposit payment but refund any other payment that you have made in respect of your booking. If you cancel 6 weeks or less before your stay is to start we will retain all payments made to us in respect of your booking.
We strongly recommend that you have adequate insurance to cover the risks of your holiday, not least the risk of payments you make being forfeited and non-returnable, your possessions being lost/damaged or any of your party suffering injury.